Monday, September 19, 2005

Second look at the Public Eye

Earlier I noted the entry of the new CBS News blog, the Public Eye. My first visits to the site left a favorable impression, marred only by my inability to get the video to work.

Dick Meyer, the editorial director for CBSNews.com left a comment on that entry, encouraging me to try again. I have and, Eureka, it worked!

According to Meyer, Eye has received numerous complaints, but not about video. It's possible I was the only one having a problem, but what made me suspicious was that I could get video to work on sites other than CBS's. In any event, it works for me now, so I take back my earlier comment about the video.

Meyer adds:
"I'd suggest that Public Eye goes way further than any network or cable outfit in openness and transparency, not just via blogging, but in all regards."
To the extent that that is (and remains) true, CBS has my admiration.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for trying again and posting -- that was nice. I'm really glad the video works as promised. Let us know what else we should be doing.

Dick Meyer

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The opinions stated here are my own and in no way reflect those of Brigham Young University, its students, faculty, or sponsoring institution.