Sunday, December 04, 2005

It's Cal in the Las Vegas Bowl

It's official: BYU will face California at the Las Vegas Bowl.

Two interesting backstories: First, BYU's athletic director, Tom Holmoe, was California's head football coach until 2001. (The Cougars pounded the Bears that year in California.) Secondly, California lost their bowl game last year to Texas Tech. Robert Anae brought the Texas Tech offense to Provo this year when he was hired as offensive coordinator.

I bought tickets last week, but still have no idea where I'll be sitting. I'm taking my youngest son and meeting my good friend Ken Fischer there. Go Cougs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The opinions stated here are my own and in no way reflect those of Brigham Young University, its students, faculty, or sponsoring institution.