Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Koppel's last Nightline broadcasts

Ted Koppel's last Nightline broadcast will be November 22, so the goodbye interviews are beginning. A nice Kurtz piece in the Washington Post today.

I have mixed feelings. I love Nightline and admire the work Koppel has done. But I'm disappointed that he refused to give me an interview about former ABC News president Elmer Lower. I'm Lower's biographer and in 2001 Koppel had agreed to be interviewed, then apparently changed his mind. I learned there would be no interview only after arriving at his office. Now that he's leaving Nightline, I can hope he'll change his mind again and, this time, grant the interview.

Related:
GQ exit interview

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The opinions stated here are my own and in no way reflect those of Brigham Young University, its students, faculty, or sponsoring institution.